Objectives of the Programme
The modular Master of Business Administration programme in Executive Management has as a general aim of provision of an academically rigorous education designed to develop skills, expertise, knowledge and vision to enable students, whatever their chosen route, to be critical, analytical and creative. The programme aims to provide opportunity for self-development in relation to career enhancement and as life-long learners.
The programme offers students the opportunity to develop their own capabilities, skills and competencies within a supported environment. The philosophy of the programme can be summarized
by the following objectives.
Develop a critical approach to the use of contemporary sources as a means of exploring complex concepts, ideas and issues of relevance and value to the chosen area of study.
Develop the power of critical enquiry, logical thought, creative imagination and independent judgment.
Provide a forum of study that allows each student to build on his or her past academic and vocational experience in a relevant and meaningful fashion.
Expose the student to a range of prospective, which may be applicable to both the interests and work situations as appropriate.
Recognize the variety of sources of learning and an appropriate diversity of means for assessing achievement.
This programme intends to allow the individual student to develop their potential through a carefully selected curriculum of study, which includes elements of a variety of methods of study orientated around both the academic and vocational axis.
The primary objectives of the MBA programme are to:
- Enable the student to achieve an appropriate level of academic competence
- Achieve personal development and to develop critical awareness of benefit to themselves and to their organization
- Develop skills of initiation, implementation and analysis in a range of contexts
- Develop capability in the analysis and evaluation of complex issues and situations
The specific objectives of the program will vary according to the chosen named award but will include the:
- Development of knowledge at an advanced level
- Development of skills of analysis, research and policy formulation and implementation
- Unification of theoretical analysis and practice through a variety of contexts appropriate to business administration
- Issues of organization management and the management of people.
Legal basis: University course and university degree according to Art. 59 Ley General de Educación at the Universidad Azteca.
Bachelors degree or equivalent first degree or admission evaluation
Admission: 180 ECTS credits from preliminary studies, bachelor’s studies, diploma studies, courses of a university nature, university courses, technical college courses, university courses, comparable professional training and further education (national qualification levels). Additional ECTS points can be credited.
The official study time for the short Executive MBA programme is one year (72 ECTS), and two years (120 ECTS) for the regular MBA programme.
- Taught Masters MBA: 72 ECTS in coursework
- Research Masters MBA: 60 ECTS in coursework plus 12 ECTS for Masters Thesis
Regular duration programme:
- Taught Masters MBA: 120 ECTS in coursework
- Research Masters MBA: 108 ECTS in coursework plus 12 ECTS for Masters Thesis
Universidad Azteca MBA (Executive MBA) Título propio. University course and award of the degree under Article 59 of the General Law of Education of Mexico.
Dual degree programme options:
Universidad Azteca MBA (Executive MBA) plus UCN Universidad Central de Nicaragua MBA
Online MBA programme. The entire course can be completed online as a distance learning program. The classes of the years are carried out asynchronously, so that entry is possible all year round.
The MBA curriculum consists of at least 72 ECTS credits of postgraduate study, offered as modular fashion. MBA-candidates in the short programme complete 10 required modules/courses (60 ECTS credits), plus a final Thesis/Dissertation (12 ECTS credits) or 2 additional modules (6 ECTS credits each) all of these focused on a specific field or industry of management.
The MBA curriculum consists of 120 ECTS credits of postgraduate study, offered as modular fashion. MBA-candidates in the regular duration programme complete 18 required modules/courses (108 ECTS credits), plus a final Thesis/Dissertation (12 ECTS credits) or 2 additional modules (6 ECTS credits each) all of these focused on a specific field or industry of management.
Tuitions vary by the duration of programme (short or regular) and the single or dual degree options. For applicable tuitions, please, see the tuitions sheet of the MBA programmes of Universidad Azteca European Programmes. Tuitions are due in full with enrolment for the complete programme.
Tuitions are due in full with enrolment. Once the programme has started (tuitions collected) no tuitions will be repaid. Students, who do not pay tuitions after admission are not enrolled.
The applicable degree regulations for MBA and dual degree programmes of Universidad Azteca apply.
Duration and workload of a course
Successful completion of a course with a workload of 6 ECTS credits is estimated to be approximately 150 hours. Students should allocate approximately eight hours a week for reading, personal study, completion of reflection activities and submission of assignments. There is one marked assignment per module. Courses are offered on a part-time basis and are designed to be completed within four months. The asynchronic e-learning mode of the programme allows students to proceed at their own pace.
The programme is conducted in English. English proficiency is required for the MBA programme.
The programme is administered and provided by Universidad Azteca on behalf of the universities. Students are eligible for Universidad Azteca International Programmes student support regarding tutoring and assistance in the programme.
Prof. Dr. Dr. Dr. Gerhard Berchtold, HR Prof. Dr. Dr. Friedrich Luhan, Prof. Mag. Dr. Franz C. Pichler, Prof. Dr. Felipe Fernández Rivadulla
All Specializationsthat offered at Avrio Institute without the Specializations modules.
- MBA of Business Administration
- MBA in Supply Chain Management
- MBA in Strategic Management
- MBA in Sales & Marketing
- MBA in Public Relations and Communication Management
- MBA in Public Administration Management
- MBA in Project Management
- MBA in Leadership & Team Management
- MBA in International Business Management
- MBA in Human Resource Management
- MBA in Hotel & Hospitality Management
- MBA in Health & Social Care Management
- MBA in Financial Management
- MBA in Entrepreneurship & Management
- MBA in eMarketing & eBusiness
- MBA in Educational Institutions Management
- MBA in Economics & Commerce
- MBA in Business IT
- MBA in Accounting Management
- MBA in Accounting & Financial Management