Objectives of the Programme
- Promote purposeful reflection on educational issues through theoretical and practical approaches to analyze the new educational paradigms.
- Analyze various schools of thought about the importance of educational processes in the articulation and development of society and the qualitative transformation of teaching learning processes, curriculum development and their relationship with new technologies that connect education as subject and object of study.
- change processes in the formation of the graduates urging them to investigate educational phenomena regional, national and international, by consolidating a quality project that meets the changing challenges of the education system.
- Develop educational research lines to guide the training process of teachers in higher education and training processes of educational administration.
- Characterize the theoretical and methodological tools necessary to analyze each of its elements to improve the quality of teaching – learning process in higher education, and the quality of the administrative process in academic governance.
- Assess educational institutions identifying their bodies, structures and procedures in order to build skills that improve the practices of planning, organizing, conducting and evaluating integration in higher education.
The graduate of the Master of Science in Education will acquire and demonstrate:
- Domain of theoretical, methodological disciplinary approaches underpinning the field of education.
- Construction of interdisciplinary knowledge that account for problematic fields of study and research processes.
- Understanding contextual foundations and national and international education policy that allow the explanation and interpretation of the processes, phenomena and educational problems.
- Proper handling of methods, techniques and development of tools for the development of research projects and educational intervention.
- Analysis for the establishment and operation of national and state educational system, as well as, some education systems in the world.
- Understanding, Recovery and interrelation of core assumptions in reviewing and theories of education.
- Apply appropriate methods and research techniques, and the production of methodological tools to enrich the teaching-learning process.
- Clear, orderly and logical sequence of ideas.
- Teamwork and professional relationship with agents, institutions and organizations promoting educational research projects regionally, nationally and internationally.
- Participation in programs, projects and professional activities in multi-agency teams.
- Discernment and selection of sources.
- lifelong personal and professional.
- Commitment to the profession and society.
- Ethical practice of the profession.
- Initiative, consistency and perseverance in professional performance.
- Review thoughtful and purposeful in the professional field.
University course and university degree according to Art. 59 Ley General de Educación at the Universidad Azteca.
Entry requirements: Bachelors degree or equivalent first degree in Education or Pedagogy
Programme duration: Official study time for the Master programme is two years (120 ECTS) for the regular Master programme.
Regular duration programme:
- Taught Masters M.Ed.: 120 ECTS in coursework
- Research Masters M.Ed.: 96 ECTS in coursework plus 24 ECTS for Masters Thesis
Degree options: Universidad Azteca Master of Science in Education (not schooling) Official degree with RVOE
Dual degree programme option: Universidad Azteca M.Ed. plus UCN Universidad Central de Nicaragua M.Ed.
Programme modality: Online Master programme.
The M.Ed. curriculum consists of 120 ECTS credits of postgraduate study, offered as modular fashion. M.Ed.-candidates in the programme complete the required modules/courses (96 ECTS credits), plus a final Thesis/Dissertation (24 ECTS credits) or 4 additional modules (6 ECTS credits each) all of these focused on a specific field of education.
Official Recognition of Validity (Programme Accreditation) (RVOE) by S.E.P:
Agreement No. 20091224 dated November 24, 2009 (on campus)
Acuerdo No. 20110619 dated July 29, 2011 (online)
Tuitions: Tuitions vary by the single or dual degree options. For applicable tuitions, please, see the tuitions sheet of the study programmes of Universidad Azteca European Programmes.
Tuitions are due in full with enrolment for the complete programme.
Refund policy: Tuitions are due in full with enrolment. Once the programme has started (tuitions collected) no tuitions will be repaid. Students, who do not pay tuitions after admission are not enrolled.
Degree Regulations: The applicable degree regulations for postgraduate and dual degree programmes of Universidad Azteca apply.
Duration and workload of a course: Successful completion of a course with a workload of 6 ECTS credits is estimated to be approximately 150 hours. Students should allocate approximately eight hours a week for reading, personal study, completion of reflection activities and submission of assignments. There is one marked assignment per module. Courses are offered on a part-time basis and are designed to be completed within four months. The asynchronic e-learning mode of the programme allows students to proceed at their own pace.
Study language: The online programme is conducted in Spanish, German and English.
Student Support: The programme is administered and provided by Universidad Azteca. Students are eligible for Universidad Azteca International Programmes student support regarding tutoring and assistance in the programme.
Modules & Study Plan
|CYCLE I (30 ECTS)||Test mode||ECTS|
|Philosophy and Education||Online Test||6|
|Dynamics and Group Leadership in the Classroom||Online Test||6|
|Educational Research I||Online Test||12|
|Paradigms of classroom learning||Online Test||6|
|CYCLE II (30 ECTS)||Test mode||ECTS|
|Sociology and Education||Online Test||6|
|General systems theory in education||Online Test||6|
|Current approaches for academic excellence in higher education||Online Test||6|
|Organization Theory in School Administration||Online Test||6|
|Educational Research II||Online Test||6|
|CYCLE III (30 ECTS)||Test mode||ECTS|
|Curriculum Development Models||Online Test||6|
|Resource Management in Educational Institutions||Online Test||6|
|Institutional Assessment Models||Online Test||6|
|Planning Models in Educational Institutions||Online Test||6|
|Educational Research III||Online Test||6|
|CYCLE IV (30 ECTS)||ECTS|
|Case studies in Higher Education Management (optional for taught Master)||Online Test||6|
|Educational Legislation (optional for taught Master)||Online Test||6|
|Teaching Practice in Higher Education (optional for taught Master)||Proof of practice||12|
|Methods and techniques of research in the Educational Administration||Online Test||6|
|Master Thesis||Presentation and Defence||24|
|Degree requirements:||120 ECTS|